Tuesday, August 23, 2011

And We're Back

Blogging is somewhat painful to me because there is this expectation that everything posted will be funny or cute or exotic or something like that. Anyway, "we" decided to start a blog. And by we I mean I. Let's be honest, Allen probably won't be posting much on here (although, I do know he thought it was a good idea). He did just start school yesterday, and from the way it's looking he won't have much free time. But I thought I'd give a short update on what we've been doing for like the last 8 months since I gave up on my other blog. You can only try to redo a picture for a header so many times until you throw your hands up in the air and admit that you do not understand how technology works (And by you I mean I AND that this has been a struggle for me since I was in preschool).

That's us in Hawaii in July. A-a-a-a-mazing.


That's us at Elmer Family Reunion a few weeks ago.

So let's see... what has been happening in our lovely little life lately....

Allen got into business school at Harvard back in March and just started school yesterday. So we will be here in Boston for the next two years (mostly... we will probably not be here during the summer because Allen will likely intern somewhere outside of Boston, and we will be gone for most of January since he will probably be doing a project in a distant land). So anyway, we've got two more years here so come and visit us! We have an extra bedroom! And more about school for Allen... he is excited and anxious and all of those things you feel when you're doing something new. Should be a great experience for him!

My story is much more complicated. I was supposed to graduate from BU in May but I didn't because I can't play the flute and haven't been able to for about 9 months now. It is a very long story! Let's just say I've spent more time at physical therapy, massage therapy, and acupuncture offices in the last 8 months than you probably have. We're still not sure what is wrong with me, but I'm doing a little bit better (I am typing!), so I'm hopeful that I'll get better sometime in the next little while. School starts in like 2 weeks for me, but I'm still not sure if I'm going. Let's just say I am, and if I'm not I'll update on that later. I won't be playing the flute, but I'll be going.

We just moved into our new place in Boston a few days ago. A huge thank you goes out to my mom for unpacking with the speed and presence of mind of 10 mom's and for driving all the way to Boston with me in 2 days. After that really long and painful drive we spent probably 16 or 17 hours unpacking, organizing, and Costco-ing the one day she was in town. AAAAAAND she even ran 13 miles on Saturday morning. Who is this person? I know, we're trying to figure it out, too.

Anyway, so here I am just writing a little blog post on this Tuesday night in between putting the Swiffer together and hanging up the iron caddy thing. We haven't met our neighbors yet, but there was an old man strumming a ukulele on the 3rd floor deck of his house when I got home today and there has also been a noise coming from a nearby house that is either a video game with a lot REALLY loud shooting and killing, or someone has been "playing" (if you can call it that) their electric guitar on and off for the last 4 hours. I should get out my piccolo and we could start a battle of the bands. Don't let this deter any of you from visiting, we promise it's fun.

A picture update of the last several months will come soon. Don't panic. You probably didn't even read this whole post, because who really reads blogs that are a bunch of writing? I'll make it up to you.

Back to organizing.

12 comments:

  1. I read the whole thing! :) And it makes me so happy to hear your updates! Except the sad one. I can't believe you're not able to play the flute! That's crazy. I'm sure there's some mysterious good reason for it. I hope we can visit sometime! I miss you. And I still need to meet the other half of the A-Team. I love the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you guys and are so happy you are back. Every time you post a picture, I am so happy you two are together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the whole post and I will read all of your posts Annie because I miss you and love hearing about what you are up to! That is my pledge to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the record, I think you're funny all the time! :) I love looking at pictures AND reading what you have to say. It's nice to hear from you Annie! Love ya! Oh and MY new blog is amberseeley.blogspot.com in case I haven't given it to you yet. I got rid of my old one too. GAH I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the whole thing. I guess technically I have to read the whole thing because I'm your husband. But really I read it because I knew it would be funny. And maybe no one else will say it here so I'll have to be the one to comment on it, but...all I have to say is that girl in those pictures with me is pretty darn good looking. I mean, right? I know we're all thinking it so I'm just going to say it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just want you to know that Dan feels the same way about writing his Christmas letter. Too much pressure. If someone gives him a compliment, it's just more pressure.

    And your mom IS amazing. I want to be like her.

    And you guys are cute. Glad we got to hang out with you both for a good 4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annie. I am so sorry about the whole flute thing. That totally breaks my heart. What breaks my heart even more is that you are dealing with something that is unknown and that is painful. I had that problem for my first 2 years at BYU. I didn't know what was going on with my body. Keep praying and everything will work out!!!! You can do hard things :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the whole thing! I'll always read the whole thing because I love you and I miss you and I'm so glad you're back in the blog-o-sphere.

    And what the HECK is going on with your playing?? I'm SO sorry you're struggling!!! If you ever need to vent or cry or yell, just type my way!

    And may I just say that Allen's comment is the cutest thing I have ever laid my eyes on!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i read the whole thing too!! =) good luck this semester! hope you are able to go to school!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! I like keeping tabs on you, my Annie friend. Your outlook on life is refreshing and funny, you should host a talk show. Seriously. :-) We may take you up on that extra bedroom thing. "We've never been to Boston in the Fall!" (I know you don't get my silly quotes, that one was from Veggie Tales, just FYI.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so flattered by so many pledges of loyalty from all of my excellent friends. You guys are fabulous.

    And Meleece-- I actually knew that was from Veggie Tales. I spent many days watching the Silly Song countdown with younger siblings. For once, I think I actually got that quotation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Annie and Allen... you guys are so fun!! Jaden's going to miss his buddies. :) I'm glad you have a blog so I keep up with your goings on. Hopefully there won't be a bad hurricane blog post after tonight. We're praying!

    ReplyDelete