Popcorn is my favorite treat. I know when you say favorite it sort of becomes a label, so you have to be careful because you will henceforth only be given your favorite treat from all of your friends, family members, husband... but seriously, I don't think I can think of something I like more. Maybe pickles. Anyway, we were asked to stay inside by Governor Patrick in anticipation of Irene's great destruction, so we did and I made popcorn! I loooooooove this stuff. The discovery of the century happened at my parents' house this summer when we popped some popcorn and my mom suggested we zest a lime into the butter before we poured it on top. Yummmmmmmmmmm.
From what I have heard/can tell, Irene was mostly not a big deal in Boston, but as coincidence would have it the only tree that we saw down was just 2 blocks away from our house! Exciting!
We did some shopping on Saturday and this was the scene on the flashlight aisle at the 2 Targets we visited. No flashlight for us. Luckily I got home and realized we had a glow stick. The best part of the day was at the first Target where a man was unloading crates of water and hollering, "Irene's a comin! Getcha watahhh!" How could we turn that down?
We spent all of Saturday night putting together this lovely table and wouldn't you know it doesn't work? There is a bin on the bottom and it doesn't slide all the way in. Awesome. Good table though.
Pictures of humans coming soon.
I'm glad you didn't get blown away!!
ReplyDeleteHurricanes are bad business, and even though she never really made it to you, you did the right thing to stay inside and eat popcorn.
I do it all the time, and there's not even a hurricane here!!