This is a proud moment for me. I think this is the first wreath that I have actually started and finished. Woohoo. It only took me like 3 hours total, too. And for me that is a big accomplishment. It usually takes me an eternity to do anything crafty. The sad thing about all of this is that no one will see my wreath because we have to let people in through another door first before they can get to this door and it would make no sense to close this door and then re-open it just so people can see my wreath. Alas. At least I think it's pretty.
A few weekends ago we went with some of our favorite friends, the Christensens, who we knew from our fun days of Bostonian singledom, to the cranberry festival about an hour away in Wareham, MA. And yes, that is MY purse, not Allen's, that he is wearing. Thankfully he does not have a purse.
I thought this was so fascinating! We got to watch the actual wet harvesting process. The farmers flood the area where the cranberries are growing, creating a bog, and then they gather them all in and suck them into a big pipe in the water which then empties out into a big truck. The color of the cranberries on the water was so randomly beautiful! I love when recreation is education!
We dry picked some cranberries, too. Not that many.
Make Peace. And of course I had to buy a big bag of cranberries to make pumpkin cranberry bread. It is one of my more favorite breads to make-- it tastes so fall-ish and I love everything pumpkin-- and since I have a food processor this fall it is a LOT faster. :) Here is where you can find the recipe. Also, I substituted applesauce for half of the oil and took almost a full cup of the sugar out. Who needs it?
The only picture I took at Allen's section retreat in Vermont this weekend was in front of "Stoddard's Restaurant" in Middle-of-Nowhere, Vermont.
Anyway, just wanted everyone to know we are participating in all things fall around here. Last weekend we were in Vermont on the section retreat. We went to a cheese farm! And I bought a pickle. Naturally. I also forgot to take pictures. Of course. This weekend we will have to think of something fun and fall-y to do. Only so many more weekends until we won't want to leave our house!





Wow Annie! I LOVE the wreath ;). IT is SO cute.
ReplyDeleteI love the wreath. I wish I could go to the cranberry bog. I can't believe how cool that looks.
ReplyDeletethat wreath is SO cute! I just might have to copy it a little! :-) Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteJust stumbled upon your blog and wanted to comment! :-)
xoxo
Aarean
colorissue.blogspot.com
(this is my new blog! Come on over and follow along if you'd like!)
Annie, I love that you're doing Rosetta Stone. My Seattle library used to have FREE rosetta stone access to any language. I used it all the time, until they cancelled. What a great discount. I would LOVE that. Tell me how it goes.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, how cool to go to a cranberry blog. Cy and I started googling them after we saw this post. Fascinating