In July my parents took the whole family to Hawaii! I had never been before and this was the best vacation of my life. I want to go back! We went to the big island, Hawaii, for 6 days and Oahu for 4. I loved the big island. We spent a lot of time hiking down to beaches, just hangin at the beach, and we stayed at the greatest little condo. AND there was a Costco. I don't care if I'm vacation, a nearby Costco is always a plus. No question. I love not having to eat out every meal on vacation because I usually come home feeling like a stuffed turkey. Anyway, we had great food, lots of fun, and some serious sunburns. Sam and Luke still aren't believers in sunscreen, but maybe after this trip they will be. Get ready for a major picture dump, because that is basically all this post will be.
Our first day out and about on Hawaii and we all walk out of the house in the same color. Ha.
| One of the few pictures of all of us at the volcano visitor's center. I don't remember much about that place except walking out and saying to Allen, "I just never really have understood 'Science'." |
| It was raining on top of the volcano, so we all looked reallllly good. |
| Isn't Meg so cute? |
| We found a board with a rope in the middle of a bunch of trees. What would you do? My favorite part of this picture is Luke. Ha. |
| We had to hike down to get to the black sand beach you will see in the next picture. This is us hiking. We're a pretty attractive bunch. |
| We body surfed a lot at this black sand beach. Actually, I should say everyone else did-- the waves were really strong, so I was a gonner after about 5 minutes. |
| Picnic-ing before another afternoon at another black sand beach. |
| Judy was loving this! Also notice Meg and Sam. |
| The lead body surfer. He seriously would spend probably 12 hours a day doing this if he could. |
| Dad was also pretty intense. |
| My mom and I spent a lot of time looking for crabs. |
| We picked up some fresh fruit off the side of the road here. Still don't like papaya. |
![]() |
| Yep that's us. |
| We love each other. |
| That's me. |
| Dad, Judy, Sam, Luke, and Meg took surfing lessons on the big island. |
| The big bad dad |
| Sam would like you to note the size of his biceps here, most likely. |
| Yeah Meg! |
| Luuuuuuuuke. |
| Luke was diggin the luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center. |
| That was a VERY good pina colada slushie. |
Mom and the Tiki Man at the PCC.
We did go to Pearl Harbor, but somehow this is the only picture I've got. That was really cool.
And I couldn't get this picture to go where I wanted it to, so this is going to have to do. This was the first day at the beach on Hawaii. Meg let Allen and Sam bury her in sand... she was very reticent, for good reason, to do so, but luckily I was there to make sure no harm was done.


I LOVE Hawaii ! I have never been until summer. I went to the Big Island as well. I recognize some of your pictures and they make me miss it. Don't you love the outside airport? and the live entertainment at the airport?!
ReplyDeleteIt's ok ann. I don't really know anything about science either. Doesn't mean we don't thing that gaping holes in the ground that spew out smoke and lava aren't cool.
ReplyDeletethat's it... i want to go to hawaii!!!!!!! Looks like you guys had tons of fun!
ReplyDelete